New SANDSTONE video “King Of Cipher” available.
SANDSTONE have shot a video for their song “King Of Cipher”, taken from their latest release ‘Delta Viridian’.
The video, directed by Theo and Jana Grossmannová, was filmed on location on their native turf on the coast of Ireland.
LUCID DREAMING – The Chronicles Pt. I
Concept album by Elvenpath guitarist Till Oberboßel feat. Alexx Stahl (Roxxcalibur), Jutta Weinhold (ex-Zed Yago, Jutta Weinhold Band), Thassilo Herbert (Dragonsfire) and Leo Stivala (Forsaken) on vocals, Michael Petrick (Synchronic) and Oliver Rossow (Elvenpath) on guitars. LUCID DREAMING do not blow up their sound with over-produced keyboards and also do not care for thousands of effects – they simply limit themselves to the classic structures of Power Metal: guitars, bass, drums, plus driving rhythms. That distinguishes them from their competitors like Ayreon, Avantasia, or Missa Mercuria.
- 01. Introduction / 1:01
- 02. Motherless Child / 7:38
- 03. The Quest For The White Pig / 6:44
- 04. Side By Side / 7:25
- 05. To Caer Dathyl / 11:34
- 06. Swords For Prydain / 8:04
- 07. Land Of Darkness / 6:10
- 08. Where Evil Rides / 7:01
- 09. The Price / 7:53
- 10. No Turning Back / 6:40
- 11. Farewell / 6:03
Total playing time 76:07
- Concept album in the style of Avantasia, Ayreon, Missa Mercuria.
- Explicitly less keyboards, considerably more classic Power Metal guitars
- Many popular Metal artists are involved, such as: Alexx Stahl (Roxxcalibur), Chris Marino (Scarlatyna), Jutta Weinhold (ex-Zed Yago, Jutta Weinhold Band), etc…
- Unique, one-of-a-kind style featuring subtle folkloristic elements.
SANDSTONE – Delta Viridian
With this, their fourth album, SANDSTONE give the fans a perfectly prepared album which will make not only fans of progged metal structures happy, but also those who prefer fisty, hard compositions. The cleverly designed mixture of Power and Progressive elements with a large dose of melody attract comparison with the greats of the scene, such as Fates Warning, Queensryche, Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X or Vanden Plas and also convinced Tim “Ripper” Owens to add some guestvocals!
- 01. Cat’s Cradle / 1:34
- 02. Almost Grateful / 7:02
- 03. King Of Cipher / 5:07
- 04. Winter / 5:29
- 05. Red Mist / 6:52
- 06. Cartesia / 4:36
- 07. Promise Me / 3:38
- 08. Monument / 6:20
- 09. Beneath The Scars / 4:19
- 10. Fortress / 5:12
- 11. Transgression / 5:17
- 12. Vitruvian Man / 9:13
Total playing time 64:34
- Third album with clear focus on the music, and a clear talent for melodies.
- Varied mix of power metal, progressive rock and melodic metal. Characterized by superb melodies and powerful guitars.
- Guestvocals by Tim “Ripper” Owens.
- For fans of Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X, Queensryche, old style Fates Warning.
- Excellent reviews for their previous three releases.
- European tour with ex-Judas Priest singer Tim “Ripper” Owens.
MINOTAURUS – The Call
“The Call” is a competently arranged mixture of Folk, Metal and an unmissable touch of individuality. It shows how the vocal duo of Julia Hofmeister and Oliver Klump have furthered their art, demonstrating with their impressive vocal parts on the album. Beside hard-hitting metallic guitar parts, the sextet lays stress on catchy melodies which stay with the listener for a long time.
- 01. Free Our Souls / 3:25
- 02. Wanna Be Your Wife / 3:37
- 03. Erlkoenig / 3:57
- 04. Hinterhalt / 2:34
- 05. Love Song / 3:20
- 06. The Call / 3:52
- 07. Varus Battle / 5:51
- 08. Chains Of Captivity / 5:12
- 09. Spirit Island / 4:08
- 10. Defenders Paradise / 4:04
- 11. Father And Son / 4:39
- 12. Princess Of Destruction (Version 2013) / 3:31
Total playing time 47:46
- Mature, dynamic, forceful, that is the sound of MINOTAURUS 2013.
- Produced by Rolf Munkes (Empire, ex-Majesty, tour guitarist for Tony Martin etc…) in Empire Studios.
- Multifaceted Celtic Folk Metal with English and German lyrics.
- High-quality back catalog with excellent reviews.
BLACK MAJESTY perform Dream Evil cover with Snowy Shaw and Danny Cecati
Whilst filling in on drums for Sabaton on their Australian tour, Snowy Shaw took the mic to sing “The Book Of Heavy Metal” during Black Majesty’s support set. Members of Eyefear also joined the stage for a rendition of the Dream Evil track. (Black Majesty, Eyefear & Sabaton are currently supporting Nightwish on select dates around Australia).
Footage from Tuesday 15th January 2013 of the band performing The Book Of Heavy Metal at The Palace, Melbourne, Australia can be seen at: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLqR5CZ5Su0
EYEFEAR – The Inception Of Darkness
The album, which the Australians themselves describe as the most complex and darkest album in their history, glitters with excellent compositions, which straddle the entire width of the genre. “The Inception Of Darkness’” offers a near perfect synthesis of progressive and power metal with a refreshingly individual note and unmistakeable trademarks.
There is also the remarkable voice of Danny Cecati (ex-PEGAZUS), who again knows how to display the wide range of his world-class vocals to their best advantage. Mixed and mastered by Tommy Hansen (TNT, DAD, Helloween…).
- 01. Redemption / 6:57
- 02. Shadowdance / 5:11
- 03. Eyes Of Madness / 4:58
- 04. The Inception Of Darkness Pt. 1: Transcending / 5:47
- 05. The Inception Of Darkness Pt. 2: Reborn / 6:05
- 06. Immortals / 4:48
- 07. Perfect Images / 4:51
- 08. Legions / 4:29
- 09. Redemption (Radio Edit) / 4:38
- 10. Eyes Of Madness (Orchestral Version) / 4:49
- 11. Reborn (Orchestral Version) / 6:06
Total playing time 58:32
CIVILIZATION ONE – Calling The Gods
‘Calling The Gods’ lives by its great compositions masterly combined with finger-cracking riffs, profound melodies and illustrious vocals by Chitral “Chity” Somapala (Red Circuit, Ex-Firewind). The album includes three bonus tracks and a video-clip: “The Land In Flames”. Produced by Markus Teske (Vanden Plas, Mob Rules, Red Circuit…).
- 01. Aazis / 0:45
- 02. Calling The Gods / 3:26
- 03. The Land In Flames / 3:47
- 04. Archangel/ 4:11
- 05. Evil Eye / 4:44
- 06. Hell Awaiting / 3:50
- 07. True Believer / 3:40
- 08. Reunite / 3:31
- 09. The Supernatural Virtue / 3:28
- 10. New World / 4:23
- 11. Spirit In The Wind (Bonus Track) / 3:41
- 12. Believing The Dream (Bonus Track) / 2:58
- 13. Dreams Of Fire (We Unite As One) (Bonus Track) / 3:23
Total playing time 45:52
- Second album of the international Melodic Power Metal Band.
- Excellent musicians of international reputation (RED CIRCUIT, FIREWIND, POWER QUEST, FARO, HEAVENLY, SECRET SPHERE, AVALON…).
- Versatile live experience.
- Produced by Markus Teske (VANDEN PLAS, SYMPHONY X, MOB RULES, RED CIRCUIT…).
FOGALORD – A Legend To Believe In
“A Legend To Believe In” comes alive through its hymn-like, epic songs. The orchestral sections of the album are fabulous and not at all intrusive, while the guitar work on all twelve tracks is of the highest standard. Fans of classical-speed, highly melodic Metal with impressive vocals will have no excuse to pass over this first class album.
- 01. Follow The Fog / 2:19
- 02. At The Gates Of The Silent Storm / 4:54
- 03. Black Era / 0:27
- 04. The Fog Lord / 5:06
- 05. The Scream Of The Thunder / 4:48
- 06. A Legend To Believe In / 4:14
- 07. The Dark Prophecy / 2:04
- 08. A Day Of Fire / 6:23
- 09. Our Last Nightfall / 3:51
- 10. Strength Of The Hopeless / 0:32
- 11. The March Of The Grey Army / 4:06
- 12. Of War And Resurrection / 15:40
Total playing time 54:17
- Excellent debut album of the Italian band with numerous well-known guest musicians
(RHAPSODY, ANCIENT BARDS, LABYRINTH, …)
- Impressively musical concept album greatly appealing to fans of RHAPSODY OF FIRE, MANOWAR, LUCA TURILLI’S DREAMQUEST as well as NIGHTWISH