FOGALORD – Masters Of War
FOGALORDS’s 2012 debut, “A Legend To Believe In” was a surprising album of the symphonic-/epic metal genre, which was welcomed with overall positive reviews. Now, five years later, its successor entitled “Masters Of War”, is a work with a theme concerning itself with the story of the debut work, a concept album.
“Masters Of War” bursts with classical-epic songwriting, heartfelt choirs, passages influenced by folklore, bagpipes and galopping rhythms, as well as insertions of influences of genres from melodic black metal to heartspeeding power metal bass attacks. Fans of bombastic sounds, supported by galloping riffs and a true fist-in-the-air attitude, will love this album.
- 01. Il Racconto Della Tempesta / 2:08
- 02. Rising Through The Mist Of Time / 5:18
- 03. Daughter Of The Morning Light / 5:31
- 04. Masters Of War / 5:46
- 05. By The Everspring Tree / 1:32
- 06. The Storm Of Steel / 4:56
- 07. Absence Of Light / 7:01
- 08. When The Blizzard Awakes / 4:54
- 09. In Everwinter Wait / 0:58
- 10. The Gift Of The White Lady / 3:25
- 11. The Sword’s Will / 12:43
Total playing time 54:18
- FOGALORD convinced the metal scene with an excellent debut, which was recorded with known guest musicians from e.g. RHAPSODY, ANCIENT BARDS, LABYRINTH etc.
- Mature musical concept album which will attract fans of RHAPSODY OF FIRE, MANOWAR, TURISAS, BLIND GUARDIAN, ENSIFERUM and even TYR.
- “Masters Of War” has a cutting edge musical concept with tracks ranging from the fast to the folk-like
LIONSOUL – Welcome Storm
Fans of European classical power metal will find nine great metal songs on “Welcome Storm”, all of which glowing with impressive power chords and impressive vocals. Now and again certain American influences creep through. LionSoul are definitely a positive exception on the Italian scene – they stay away from the typical scheme of things which take the form of very high vocals, fast riffing and classical-bombastic, exaggerated keyboard parts. “Welcome Storm” is power metal as it should be: heavy, lively, raw and still melodic.
FIREFORCE announce new album title
The new FIREFORCE album will be called ANNIHILATE THE EVIL and is slated to be unleashed on mankind on September 1st, 2017.
The album was recorded and produced by the same team (Producer RD LIAPAKIS and engineer CHRISTIAN SCHMID) and in the same studio (THE PROPHECY STUDIOS) as the previous releases. The cover artwork was done by UWE JARLING and the booklet design by ANESTIS GOUDAS, who also did the DEATHBRINGER cover.
JONAS SANDERS, the drummer for PROPAIN, and a good friend of the band, was enlisted to play the drum tracks for this new album.
Be prepared for 12 COMBAT METAL tracks that will get you in their grip!
Filip “Flype” Lemmens: Vocals
Erwin Suetens: Guitars
Thierry van der Zanden: Guitars
Serge Bastaens: Bass
Jonas Sanders: Drums
Enjoy a sneak peek of the fantastic new artwork…
FOGALORD – Masters Of War
DRAGONY – Lords Of The Hunt
In 2017, after two successful albums, the band is celebrating its 10th anniversary as well as the fifth birthday of their debut work “Legends”. These two events are the motor for Dragony to present their fans with a new MCD – a work which is well worth listening to. On the MCD, entitled “Lords Of The Hunt” there are the great, the rare and some lost and found titles. Apart from two brand new songs, “Lords Of The Hunt” and “Call Of The Wild” you can find newly recorded versions of the debut work’s most popular songs, songs which were previously available only as bonus tracks, as well as demo rarities and it also includes the band’s two video clips of “Burning Skies” and the David Hasselhoff cover version of “True Survivor”.
- 01. Lords Of The Hunt / 3:45
- 02. Call Of The Wild / 3:59
- 03. The Longest Night (Re-Recording 2016) / 7:35
- 04. Alcador (Re-Recording 2016) / 6:25
- 05. Sparta (Elegy Of Heroes) / 7:09
- 06. The One And Only (Digital Bonus Track) / 3:20
- 07. Shadowrunners (Karaoke Version) / 4:19
- 08. Wings Of The Night (Demo Version 2008) / 4:46
- 09. Burning Skies
- 10. True Survivor
Total playing time 41:15
Video Album Trailer
“Call Of The Wild” Lyric Video
- Third release of the Austrian Symphonic Power Metal band (debut album: 6 from 7 points in Metal Hammer magazine).
- Brilliant cover version/interpretation of the David Hasselhoff hit “True Survivor”!
- Excellent reputation as live band, having toured with e.g. Gamma Ray, support shows with Powerwolf, Primal Fear, Axxis, Blind Guardian, Edenbridge, Paul Di’Anno, Sonata Arctica; festival appearances with e.g. Twisted Sister (Nova Rock).
- EP with two new songs, new recordings and rare bonus tracks.
- Cover artwork by Dušan Marković (Seven Kingdoms, A Sound Of Thunder, etc…).