Lords Of The Hunt
In 2017, after two successful albums, the band is celebrating its 10th anniversary as well as the fifth birthday of their debut work “Legends”. These two events are the motor for Dragony to present their fans with a new MCD – a work which is well worth listening to. On the MCD, entitled “Lords Of The Hunt” there are the great, the rare and some lost and found titles. Apart from two brand new songs, “Lords Of The Hunt” and “Call Of The Wild” you can find newly recorded versions of the debut work’s most popular songs, songs which were previously available only as bonus tracks, as well as demo rarities and it also includes the band’s two video clips of “Burning Skies” and the David Hasselhoff cover version of “True Survivor”.
DRAGONY – Shadowplay
“Shadowplay” shows a band that refuses to bow down to any kind of conventions, that has its musical goals firmly in focus, and that impresses the listener through their imaginative and technically pure work. They are versatile in playing with the popular clichees of the genre and still come across innovative. Overall “Shadowplay” sounds homogeneous and refreshingly heavy – so there is plenty of reason to promote this album on tour. Therefore, the band will be on the billing of Gamma Ray’s Anniversary Tour! Feat. Zak Stevens (Savatage, Trans Siberian Orchestra, Circle II Circle) on guestvocals.
- 01. Wolves Of The North / 6:22
- 02. Shadowrunners / 4:18
- 03. Kiln Of The First Flame / 5:32
- 04. The Maiden’s Cliff / 2:54
- 05. Warlock / 5:12
- 06. Babylon / 5:26
- 07. Dr. Agony / 4:29
- 08. At Daggers Drawn / 3:52
- 09. Unicorn Union / 4:10
- 10. The Silent Sun (feat. Zak Stevens) / 10:05
- 11. True Survivor (Bonus Track) / 3:47
Total playing time 56:21
Soundcloud playlist – Free single download:
Video Album Trailer
True Survivor – video
Wolves Of The North – lyrics video
- Second album of the Austrian Symphonic Power Metal band (debut album: 6 from 7 points in Metal Hammer magazine).
- Significant production and guests, including Zak Stevens (Savatage, Trans Siberian Orchestra and Circle II Circle).
- Brilliant cover version/interpretation of the David Hasselhoff hit “True Survivor”!
- Excellent reputation as live band, having being on the same billing as Primal Fear, Axxis, Blind Guardian, Edenbridge, Paul Di’Anno, Sonata Arctica…
- On tour with Gamma Ray in October/November 2015.
DRAGONY – Legends
“Legends” can be summed up as high quality, symphonic Power Metal with ass-kicking melody inserts, powerful guitars and lyrics with insight. As far as DRAGONY’s overall sound goes, one finds similarities with bands such as Edguy, Kamelot, Sabaton and Stratovarius. Guest musicians: Tom Tieber (Ecliptica), Katie Joanne (Siren’s Cry) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear).
- 01. Of Legends… / 1:29
- 02. Burning Skies (feat. Ralf Scheepers) / 5:34
- 03. Land Of Broken Dreams / 6:29
- 04. Dragonslayer / 5:19
- 05. Wings Of The Night / 5:19
- 06. Vaults Of Heaven / 4:55
- 07. The Longest Night / 8:30
- 08. Hero’s Return / 4:05
- 09. The Ride / 4:32
- 10. Alcador / 6:27
Total playing time 52:18
- Austrian Newcomers, playing at high international standard. All the musicians have a great deal of experience from playing in other bands
- Symphonic Power Metal, underlined by great melodies and a tough but finely configured guitar sound, cleverly combined with some prog sections
- Excellent production in the WildOneMusic Studios and mastering in the legendary Finnvox Studios in Helsinki by Mika Jussila
- Appearance of guest musicians such as Tom Tieber (Ecliptica), Katie Joanne (Siren’s Cry) and Ralf Scheepers (Primal Fear)
- For fans of Edguy, Kamelot, Sabaton, Stratovarious, Avantasia, Hammerfall