SANDSTONE – Cultural Dissonance
Bruce Dickinson called the predecessor: “The most impressive album to come out of Ireland for years”. Sandstone continue to display the clever mixture of power and progressive elements with a high standard of melodies (think Fates Warning, Queensryche and even Iron Maiden), yet the new material comes across much straighter, heavier and more in the direction of Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X and Vanden Plas.
- 01. Reckless Thought / 5:01
- 02. Little Forgeries / 5:17
- 03. Fading / 4:17
- 04. Leaning On An Arrow / 4:34
- 05. Carefree Moment / 4:11
- 06. Silent Suicide / 4:10
- 07. Black Skies / 4:26
- 08. No More / 3:43
- 09. Sleep / 5:10
- 10. Trick Of Mind / 5:59
Total playing time 47:10
- Young Irish band which gained an excellent name and reputation on the underground scene.
- Varied mix of power metal, progressive rock and melodic metal. Characterized by superb melodies and powerful guitars.
- Excellent reviews for their previous releases.
- For fans of Pagan’s Mind, Symphony X, Queensryche, old style Fates Warning.