SYMPHONITY – King Of Persia
The Czech Republic has until now never been a shining light on the international Heavy Metal scene. Now and again a band would appear but then disappear again shortly afterwards. That, however, does not apply to SYMPHONITY, a union of talented Czech, Slovakian and German musicians who have just recorded their third album, “King Of Persia”. The band can be classified in the classical-symphonic genre, plays at a very high international standard and easily keeps pace with established bands such as Stratovarius, Rhapsody, Dionysus, Thunderstone and Sonata Arctica. Up-tempo hymns with high classical melodies, complex guitar parts played with virtuosity, unmistakeable vocals and memorable melodies are the characteristics of this, the band’s third album. Their previous work, “Voice from the Silence” had already impressed both the press and fans and came highly recommended listening. 2016 is sure to be a successful year for SYMPHONITY.
“King Of Persia” contains all the ingredients that fans of Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Rhapsody and Thunderstone expect from a high quality album: a build-up of broad choruses, voluminous melodies, galloping guitar attacks as well as neo-progged 6-string inserts. Add to that the vocals, which will send shivers down the spine of voice freaks. “In The Name Of God” with its classical guitar tracks will get the headbangers active and the melodies are irresistable and simply force you to sing along with them. The seven minute long “Children Of The Light” changes pace, mood and progressive claims – it’s a fast paced firework display of inspiration and complexity. The title track, around nine minutes long, is the core of the album and shows off the band’s clear talents for writing exciting songs and to put them to music in an equally impressive manner. Whilst “Siren Call” curls through your ears in a ballad-like way, “Live To Tell The Tale” is almost a rock number. “The Choice” will certainly thrill Avantasia fans. You can see, or rather you can hear that SYMPHONITY have managed to expand their musical field without having reduced the level of their basic influences. “King Of Persia” is a “Must Have” album for fans of Melodic Heavy Metal in 2016.
- 01. King Of Persia / 9:06
- 02. The Choice / 4:15
- 03. In The Name Of God / 4:11
- 04. Flying / 4:38
- 05. A Farewell That Wasn’t Meant To Be / 6:33
- 06. Children Of The Light / 7:08
- 07. Siren Call / 2:54
- 08. Live To Tell The Tale / 6:32
- 09. Unwelcome / 5:14
- 10. Out Of This World / 2:32
Total playing time 53:28
- For Fans of SONATA ARCTICA, STRATOVARIUS, DIONYSUS, RHAPSODY, THUNDERSTONE.
- With Olaf Hayer (AINA, LUCA TURILLI, CHRYZTYNE, DIONYSUS, TREASURE SEEKER etc.) the band has one of the most expressive German Heavy Metal vocalists.
- Introducing the voice of Herbie Langhans – the new star of the latest AVANTASIA album and world tour.
- Cover artwork by Andreas Marschall (BLIND GUARDIAN, KREATOR, RUNNING WILD, HAMMERFALL, etc.).
- The band has already opened for NIGHTWISH.
- Album mixed by Sascha Paeth and mastered by Miro, Wolfsburg, Germany.
Sad loss in the SYMPHONITY band camp
SYMPHONITY’s bass player Tomas “Tom” Celechosky has unfortunately lost his battle with cancer on June 27th, 2012. We here at the Limb Music headquarters are deeply saddened and send our condolences to his wife Elena, his family and his band members, who lost not only a great musician but a dear friend for many years.
Visit SYMPHONITY’s website at www.symphonity.com to see some of the memories shared by the band.