ASTRALION – Outlaw
In the last ten years Finland has risen to become one of the world’s most potent suppliers of Heavy Metal. The number of bands without whom the scene would simply be unimaginable is enormous, and anyone who thinks that the country comprises solely of reindeer, snow and the taiga is definitely missing something. Despite Finland’s huge size, the music scene is closely linked and musicians from a number of different styles continue to get together to form new, interesting bands. ASTRALION is no exception. The band, christened in a pub in southern Finland five years ago, have now advanced so much that they are now releasing their second album, “Outlaw”. ASTRALION plays hard-hitting, melodic Power Metal, marked by needle-sharp guitar parts, huge keyboard melodies, lovely clear vocals and choruses which you can just imagine being sung by masses of fans. The band’s motto says it all: Forget the dragon, forget the sword – here’s true power from the chord!
Bands such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, early Blind Guardian and Yngwie Malmsteen are the most noticeable influences of ASTRALION’s sound. That means broad choruses, voluminous melodies, racing guitar attacks as well as subtle neo-progged 6-string interludes. Whilst the album’s opener “Deathphone” is a steeply driven, whiplike hymne, “Black Adder” and “The Outlaw” are pure, melodic Speed Metal hammers to set the adrenalin flowing. “The Great Place Of The Sea” is a 10 minute long opus which reminds the listener somewhat of Alestorm, whilst “Sacrificed & Immortalized” stamps forwards with thrilling Malmsteenic solo parts. With “Wastelands Of Ice” the band recorded a semi-ballad in the style of the album’s predecessor’s track, “At The Edge Of The World” and as a song with a great melody will certainly be recognised as such.
“Outlaw” has all the ingredients to make the discerning heavy metal fan smile with satisfaction.
- 01. Deathphone (Final Destination)/ 6:09
- 02. Black Adder / 4:37
- 03. Sacrificed & Immortalized / 7:20
- 04. Be Careful What You Wish For / 5:49
- 05. Nightmares Never Give Up / 4:56
- 06. Wastelands Of Ice / 4:30
- 07. The Outlaw / 4:43
- 08. Ghosts Of Sahara / 5:00
- 09. Heading West / 5:36
- 10. The Great Palace Of The Sea / 10:01
Total playing time 58:41
Video Album Trailer
- Finnish band oriented in the style of groups such as Sonata Arctica, Thunderstone, Hammerfall, Stratovarius and early Blind Guardian.
- Each musician can look back on many years of experience in bands such as Olympos Mons, The Addication and HumanGod.
- Convincing, excellently produced melodic Power Metal with massive hymnal effects.
- Established band in Finland with huge live experience.